Stage 2 baby food consists of thicker purees and mixes. Since introducing Grace to stage 2 foods we have tried a couple different options with her. One of her favorites is the Apple Kiwi Zucchini blend below. This made enough for 3 weeks for us, so I was able to freeze some. I also tried the Beet and Potato recipe below, this however did not freeze well. It does make enough food for one week so I would make sure your baby eats all of the beet and potato mix the week it is made.
We have since tried mashed avocado and banana (slightly thicker than puree) and quick and easy to make. We have also tried cottage cheese and egg yolk. Egg yolk is easy for us because we always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge, and they are soft and easy to mash.
We are starting to transition Grace to regular food now. She has pretty good hand-eye coordination and has been enjoying feeding herself. She has given us plenty of cues that she is ready. I will update you guys with some of those recipes as she eats them. 🙂
Apple Kiwi Zucchini Stage 2 Baby Food
Servings: ~2-3 weeks
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 4 Apples
- 5 Kiwi
- Peel and slice zuchinni and apples, place in crock pot on high for 2 hours.
- Let cool for 1o minutes. Then peel kiwi and add everything to Vitamix and puree.
Beet and Potato Stage 2 Baby Food
Servings: ~1 week
- 1 Russet Potato
- 1 lb Beets
- Boil potato and beets in a pot. Once they are soft and a fork can easily stick through them remove from heat and pour out water.
- The skin from the beets can easily be peeled off, discard.
- Place potato and beets into the blender and puree until smooth.
- Note: Beets do make kind of a mess and stain, so be careful!
Avocado and Banana Mash
Servings: ~2 days
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Banana
Mash together until smooth. I like using this masher.
See Stage 1 Baby food recipes here