As many of you know, I have a major sweet tooth and, well, my husband is quite the puppy chow snob. He loves to make it in the summer when we go up to his grandparent’s lake house and my sister always makes puppy chow for Christmas. However, this year we came up with this idea after I made some peanut butter cookies, (minus the Chex cereal). When creating this recipe I took my mom’s peanut cookies recipe (my favorite), dipped it in chocolate, and rolled it in powdered sugar. It tastes just like puppy chow! Such a yummy creation, I mean how could you go wrong?!? These cookies were a hit!
Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Mix together butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add milk and vanilla, mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, mix.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Lightly dust a fork with flour to make an indent in the cookie.
- Bake 350 8-10 minutes.
Puppy Chow Coating:
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1.5 Cups powdered sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 minute, stir. Heat for another 30 seconds, stir until smooth.
- Place powdered sugar in a separate bowl.
- Dip each cookie into the chocolate, using a fork to remove. Tap off the excess chocolate.
- Immediately dip into powder sugar.
- Place on a cooling rack until chocolate sets.