As 2015 comes to a close I am writing to reflect on this very restless and transformative year, although it was rather exciting. We began 2015 on vacation in Florida, just me, my husband, and my first child, Tinsley, we enjoyed the start of a new year in very relaxing fashion. While we were there I kept getting nauseous and about a week after we got home we found out we were expecting. We had no intentions to start trying to have kids yet and we were enjoying being newlyweds, ideally, we wanted to wait a few more months, but, as my Grandma always says, ‘that’s what happens when you share a bed with a man!’ After I found out I was pregnant,the year started really picking up, at our gender reveal party in April we found out we were having a baby girl. This summer we attended two weddings, one was a very good friend from college and the other for my sister, then followed our baby showers. We had our annual camping trip to Michigan with my Mom’s family and then September 14th, 6 days before her due date, my little Grace was born. Being a parent is the best thing that ever happened to me, next to getting married of course! My husband and I love to stare at our baby girl and kiss her chubby cheeks; we cannot believe that we created such a beautiful human being.
While on maternity leave I decided to finally start my blog. I have goals this year, not resolutions and I plan to live up to each of my goals for 2016.
1. Write 1 post per week, at least. Since I have been back to work I have been struggling to get one blog post a week, but now that I am getting into a routine I need to make sure I post weekly.
2. Get more traffic. Now that I have joined every social media site out there I hope to bring in more traffic in the New Year. Please follow me!
3. Make more money from home. I am more determined than ever to accomplish this goal. I want to be home with my baby! I am always looking for ways to make money from home. I am hoping that I can make more money blogging in the New Year.
1. Run a 5k. I have run many in the past, but while I was pregnant, I got very sick and could not work out, it has been very difficult to get back into the swing of things.
2. Lose at least 20 lbs. After my wedding I gained a few lbs, then during my pregnancy I gained a few more! Goal for this year is to get to my pre-wedding weight!
3. Get a stand up paddle board. I made a bet with my husband that if I lose 20 lbs by Memorial Day then I can buy a stand up paddle board for the lakehouse; I really hope I win!
4. Buy a new car. I currently drive a Honda Fit, not sure if anyone is familiar with this car, but it is very tiny. With a car seat and 3 dogs we are very squeezed very tightly into my compact car, and since my husband drives a small compact car as well, we decided we should buy something with a little more cargo space.
That is all for 2015, I am so excited for 2016 and all that is to come! As the New Year approaches, all I wish is for everyone to have a happy and healthy 2016!
Peace & love,