What is a pie without the crust? I mean really? The crust is my absolute favorite of the pie! This pairs great with my Apple Pie Recipe! It was so easy to make and the vinegar helps create a tender crust.
2 Cups flour
1 tsp salt
2/3 Cup cold butter
1 T Vinegar
5 T Cold water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a food processer combine flour and salt, pulse.
- Add butter, pulse.
- Add vinegar, pulse.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time, pulsing in between each tablespoon.
- Add vanilla, pulse.
- Chill dough in the fridge for about an hour.
- Form dough into 2 balls, place on well floured surface. Sprinkle with flour and roll with a rolling pin.
- Place in a pastry or pie dish and form to pan. Trim excess crust off.
- Pour filling into bottom crust.
- Roll out top crust, cut slits for steam and add to the top of the pie!
**For a golden brown crusting top crust, coat in egg wash. 1 egg, mixed with 2 tsp milk.