Last weekend I made Grace oatmeal. I tried the baby oatmeal when she was 5 months old and she was not a fan. Now that she is a little older, I went to Whole Food and decided to try steel cut oats. Since oatmeal tends to be bland I added in cooked apples and a little cinnamon, then I mixed everything in the Vitamix for her. She seems to like it so far!
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 4 apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- Boil 3 cups of water. Then add 1 cup steel cut oats and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and cook 10 – 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Peel and core apples and cut into quarters. Place in a saucepan with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil then simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon.
- Add all ingredients to the Vitamix and blend until smooth.
- Pour into baby food containers and store in the fridge.
**I actually froze 2 containers, so I will let you know how that worked out!