Don’t you just love when your significant other comes home from work and goes “What did you do all day?” I always laugh at that comment. Days consist of feeding a toddler, nursing an infant, nap time, and laundry and by the time nap is over the hubby is home. So, baking with two kids has not been easy. Even though it is difficult, I was able to bake 4 batches of cookies yesterday…and I am so excited to share this recipe with you!
While everyone loves a good old fashioned cookie around the holidays, gingersnaps are one of my favorites. So please enjoy!
Gingersnap Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp powdered cloves
- 3 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- Add sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and molasses into the mixer and cream.
- While that mixes add remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl, whisk until all ingredients are blended and set aside.
- Slowly add dry mixture into the creamed sugar, mix.
- Mix until it is all blended.
- Roll dough into balls, I did 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll individual balls into a little sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet about 1 inch apart and bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.
**Note I rolled about half of the cookies into sugar and the rest into a bowl of sprinkles. I had white and gold sprinkles that I might have bought at Target and I found a really cute pack of gingerbread sprinkles at Williams & Sonoma.